Horizontal permanent systems are perfectly suited to securing the safety of people moving horizontally in areas where there is a risk of falling, such as under roofs or on the front of buildings. Users of our system can move freely along the cable, without being attached to intermediate anchors and curved sections.
For all anchor points certified according to EN 795, class A, C and D, the following applies: Since PPE guidelines no longer apply in Europe to permanent structural anchor points/systems, a European Technical Assessment (ETA) or national certification is required. In Germany, for example, building inspectorate approval from the DIBt (German Institute of Structural Engineering), marked with a "U", is required. In other European countries, various national specifications are required. In some circumstances, "specific approval" (known as "ZiE" in Germany) is required. National specifications must be observed.
SKYLINE - Flexible stainless steel cable safety system for horizontal applications
The flexible SKYLINE system is a stainless steel cable safety system for horizontal fall protection. The SKYLINE RUN can be attached and removed from the cable at any point on the system. It works without any attachments to intermediate anchors and curved sections.
The SKYLINE-SYSTEM has been tested according to DIN EN 795/C:2012 and CEN/TS 16415:2017 for max. 4 people.
The SKYLINE RUN (SL-100) and SKYLINE OVERHEAD RUNNER (SL-101-V) have an examination certification complying with DIN EN 795/C:2012 for max. 1 person.
- All system components made from stainless steel
- ø 8mm stainless steel cable
- Attachment to various structures such as steel, concrete, brickwork, wood and system supports etc. using suitable screw or dowel fixtures and structural calculations of the relevant surface.
- Floor, wall and overhead installation
Number of users:
- Maximum 4 on the entire system
- Max. 14m for 4 users
- Max. 20m for 3 users
SKYRAIL is a horizontal fall protection system, which allows people to work at great heights. The system can be used, for example, on flat roofs, stadium roofs, loading plants, wind turbines or cranes. Attached to floors, walls or ceilings, maintenance work and other activities can be carried out safely with the SKYRAIL system. Users can attach themselves easily to the SKYRAIL RUN using their Personal Fall Protection Equipment (PFPE) and move freely along the rail without stopping. The high-quality, architectural appearance of the system will fulfil all your design requirements. A choice of colour scheme allows the SKYRAIL to blend in with the building.
SKYRAIL is certified according to DIN EN 795/D:2012 and CEN/TS 16415 and is approved for safe use by up to three people. The system is made from extremely robust, seawater-proof aluminium alloy and is suitable for protection against falls and as a restraint system. It is designed so that it deforms in the event of a fall and thereby cushions the impact. Accessory parts, such as curved sections, are precisely adapted to suit the system. Its high level of adaptability makes the SKYRAIL ideal for guaranteeing the highest level of safety, even for work on complex structures. The system has been constructed and tested for use with the SKYRAIL RUN runner. This runner is certified according to EN 795/D:2012 and is mounted on ball bearings so that it is subjected to minimal wear and can be attached or removed from any point in the system. It also has outstanding running properties.
- The materials used are resistant to particularly aggressive conditions, such as constant or repeated immersion in seawater or in areas where there is seawater spray, chlorinated atmospheres in indoor swimming pools or in atmospheres with extreme chemical pollution.
- The system is supplied with a small number of components.
- Simple installation, which may be carried out by SKYLOTEC certified fitters.
- SKYRAIL rails
- SKYRAIL T-shaped basic console
- SKYRAIL rail connectors
- SKYRAIL end stoppers
Optional system components:
- SKYRAIL Curve Horizontal SKYRAIL curved inwards
- SKYRAIL Curve outwards
- SKYRAIL adapter board for Secupin Plus
- SKYRAIL adapter board for concrete bases
- System components made from seawater-proof aluminium alloy
- SKYRAIL rails: 6 metres or customised lengths up to 6 metres
- Attachment to wide variety of structures such as steel, concrete, brickwork, wood and system supports etc. using suitable screw or dowel fixtures
- Sufficiently sound structure
Max. number of users:
- Maximum three users in entire system
Max. distance between supports:
- Maximum distance between supports: 5 m