The new CLAW cable sleeve is a unique solution for permanently installed climbing protection systems, allowing employees safe access when working at heights. The cable sleeve is suitable for vertical access on solid core steel wire ropes with a diameter of 3/8" (9.5 mm) & 5/16" (8 mm).
The CLAW boasts features that simplify use and reduce the risk of an accident. Its double safety construction also prevents incorrect installation, thanks to the integrated locking mechanism. In addition, a skull symbol indicates incorrect installation while an UP arrow identifies proper installation. If the climber slips or falls, the CLAW activates and locks onto the cable, arresting the fall within inches. The CLAW is suitable for maintenance or servicing work in the Wind Energy, Telecommunications, Electrical Utility, Oil & Gas and General Industry where vertical cable systems are present.
If the climber slips or falls, the locking cam pivots downward instantly and the CLAW locks onto the cable. The built-in shock absorber pack reduces the impact force, and thus the forces exerted on the human body, far below 1,348 lbf (6 kN).
The cable runner meets ANSI A14.3-08, CSA Z259.2.5-17 and OSHA requirements. Its weight capacity is 110 lbs (50 kg) to 330 lbs (150 kg).
Please find the CLAW brochure, which includes additional features and benefits and the data sheet with additional technical information. The SKYLOTEC CLAW Vertical Fall Arrest Sleeve is designed to fit a wide variety of solid core wire ropes (cables) and travel smoothly along the vertical system while providing fall arrest when needed.
Here you can find an overview about the main product features:
- German engineered to fit 3/8 inch (9.5 mm) and 5/16 inch (8 mm) solid core wire rope.
- High quality lightweight stainless-steel construction.
- Smooth travel up and down the vertical system.
- Redundant safety features reduce the risk of improper installation.
- Replaceable shock absorbing pack.
- Shackle and swivel carabiner for a maximum ease of use and freedom of movement.
- Compatible with all types of chest D-Rings.
- Independently tested on the DBI Lad-Saf vertical climbing system to the above standards.